Spinach Quiche--so easy and SO delicious!!
- 1 ready-made pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 5 oz bag of spinach, washed, stems removed, and chopped
- 1 garlic clove (pressed, using garlic press)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (Divided)
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press pie crust into 9" pie pan.
- Pre-bake pie crust for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Sautee onion, & garlic in butter until onion is soft - add spinach, salt & pepper to taste - set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl - whisk together the eggs & milk.
- Spread 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese in bottom of pie crust.
- Spread spinach mixture over cheese in pie crust.
- Pour egg/milk custard over spinach mixture & cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. If crust starts to get too brown - cover edges with tin-foil.
- Slice & serve.
This recipe says "8 servings", I find that depends on what else you're serving with it and how hungry people are!
*originally posted on Genius Kitchen by veggiemom